We celebrate action
Climate Challenge participants are on the cutting edge of defining what truly climate-smart health care can and should be. Each year, we recognize their progress and commitments with our Climate Champion Awards. It's an opportunity to celebrate achievements across our three pillars of mitigation, resilience, and leadership and to showcase their leadership to the health care sector around the world.
Awards cover multiple categories related to the three pillars of the Climate Challenge:
- Mitigation – Reducing health care’s own carbon footprint.
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Award
- Energy Efficiency Award
- Renewable Energy Award
- Non-Energy Greenhouse Gas Reduction Award
- Resilience – Preparing for the impacts of extreme weather and the shifting burden of disease.
- Climate Resiliency Award
- Leadership – Educating staff and the public while promoting policies to protect public health from climate change.
- Climate Leadership Award
* To be eligible for awards, organizations must be an official participant in the Health Care Climate Challenge while setting their targets and tracking their progress through Hippocrates Data Center.